Vascular surgery is a branch of medicine dealing with diagnosing and treating diseases connected with correct functioning of the blood and lymph vessels.
Vascular surgeon improves the perfusion of vains- widens them, removes malformations (vascular adhesions, aneurysms), and if necessary implements so called vascular prostheses, which contribute to correct functioning of the vessel. The most important conditions treated by vascular surgeon include:
- atherosclerosis (including atherosclerosis in the lower limbs, atherosclerosis of the carotid arteries) and inflammatory diseases of the circulatory system
- diabetic foot syndrome
- treatment of stenoses and obstruction of the arteries that may lead to strokes
- aneurysms (including chronic, ruptured, inflammatory thoracic, abdominal and visceral aorta)
- acute and chronic venous diseases (including venous thromboembolism, varices of the lower limbs, deep vein thrombosis)
- chronic venous ulcers
- tumors of the vascular system
- Buerger's disease, or thromboangiitis obliterans
Diagnostics in the scope of vascular surgery includes USG, Doppler of the lower limb conducted by dr Radosław Fajdek. JOPA Clinic performs also tomography and angio-TK thanks to its cooperation with the partner: “Tomograf”, at Batorego 17/19 in Toruń (the building of Municipal Hospital).
In our Clinic patients with conditions requiring vascular surgery are consulted with dr Radosław Fajdek.
For patients who seek recovery after surgeries are offered a wide range of rehabilitative therapies. Rehabilitation of vascular conditions aims at decreasing the extent of limb ischemia, increasing the ability to take up more physical activity, minimising the risk of cardiovascular complications. In case of oedema (swelling) we use a comprehensive anti- oedema therapy consisting of manual lymph drainage, bandaging and mild exercising supported with mechanical lymph drainage.